At 06:57 PM 9/9/2010, Doug Barton wrote:

Normally they are pointed to a local mirror here at Sentex. However,
that server was having hardware problems which I think we have isolated
and resolved now. I will repoint this tinderbox to the local site again.

The best way to handle this would be to have messages about csup failing to be directed only to those who are actually able to fix the problem. Assuming that the cvsup server is always going to work is contrary to both history and good system administration practices. :)

Perhaps as an interim measure a local procmail rule to filter out cvsup
failures from going to the list ?

That's a particularly unhelpful response. Not only is it borderline rude to attempt to shift the responsibility for this to the users, it's a violation of the robustness principle.

I meant "local procmail rule" as in local to the tinderboxes so that des and myself and others who admin the boxes only get such messages. I didnt want to make such changes without des' approval and was waiting for his input...

        ---Mike