In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Udo Erdelhoff writes:
: "make buildkernel" and "make installkernel" use GENERIC and kernel for the
: config file and the filename of the kernel. UPDATING should only contain
: this basic version. BTW, make buildkernel KERNEL=GENERIC;make installkernel
: KERNEL=GENERIC installs /GENERIC :(

Because this is so error prone, I don't even touch it at all in
UPDATING.  I don't like the targets and have been burned by them.  The
explicit instructions, while longer to type, are known to work and
don't have these gotchas.

Warner