Peter Jeremy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in list.freebsd-current:
 > I avoid the problem by structuring my paths along the lines of
 > $HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin (everythere, not just on
 > FreeBSD).

OK, I'll think I will do that (even though I didn't need it,
until the /usr/bin/ssh problems appeared).  However, this
doesn't solve the problem completely.  I also had to remove
/etc/ssh.  Somehow, /usr/local/bin/scp seems to pick up data
from /etc/ssh and tries to invoke /usr/bin/ssh, no matter
what.  :-(

I'm truly sorry I caused this lengthy thread.  It was really
not my intention to spread FUD.  I stumbled over something
that (I thought) could be a potential problem for 4.0-Release
(and I still think so).  I will re-install that machine from
scratch and write down exactly what is going wrong.  Maybe it
has even been solved in the latest -current snapshot.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany
(Info: finger userinfo:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)