W dniu 2011-06-15 14:23, Holger Kipp pisze:
Dear all,

I had installed FreeBSD 9 amd64 from snapshot (ISO-image) located here:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/201101/FreeBSD-9.0-CURRENT-201101-amd64-dvd1.iso

Today I wanted to cvsup to a later date to upgrade to ZFS v28
and compiled port /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui without problems.

Starting freshly compiled cvsup then gives me

"Illegal Instruction"

This error seems to be identical to
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2010-September/020083.html

As this was created on a vanilla 9 snapshot using the default make.conf with
only cvsup settings adapted I thought this might be of interest.

Have now used csup instead of cvsup (which seems to have worked fine), and started cvsup
once again (seems cvsup only gives "Illegal Instruction" when a file needs to
be changed...).

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Holger

Although it's not a "fix" to your problem, doesn't cvsup became obsolete, from the moment when csup was integrated into the world (a couple of years ago I believe)?
If you just want to update the ports tree, use csup.

--
Bartosz Stec