In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Kent Hauser writes:
: I've tried hard to get my PCI internal modem work with current.

Well, there's no support for that yet.

: I've tried editing /sys/isa/sio.c with the all possible byte
: and word swaps of the vendor/dev printouts from the kernel
: probe. The documentation for this USR modem says it's *not*
: a winmodem, but a "standalone" modem.

Yes.  It works with my driver.  However, I finished it during the
freeze and Bruce requested that I hold off until after 4.0.  I'll
likely commit it after 4.0 goes golden.  Although I have a "fix a
pccard panic" fix for sio that's been approved, but not reviewed yet.
I could sneak this into that commit :-).

Warner