On 04/29/11 11:55, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
On 27.04.2011 11:37, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
I wrote a small extension for the GEOM_PART class. It adds an ability
to GEOM_PART class to create partition labels for schemes which are
support them.
Hi All,

i got several successful reports from users, but now i decided to make
this functional available for another consumers.
New patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ae/geom_alias.diff

What it contains:
* gpt/gptid support removed from GEOM_LABEL class;
* new GEOM_ALIAS class added. This class has two public functions:
        void g_alias_create(struct g_provider *pp, const char *name);
        void g_alias_spoil(struct g_provider *pp);
* first two consumers of GEOM_ALIAS class are GEOM_PART and GEOM_DISK:

GEOM_DISK uses g_alias_create() to create aliases for disks, disk's
serial number is used for alias name.

GEOM_PART uses g_alias_create() to create aliases for labeled partitions
(gpt/gptid, apm and pc98).

How it looks like:
http://paste.org.ru/?5exeve

What happened to this? It would be really nice to have in 9.0, or soon after anyway. Anything I can do to help it along?
-Nathan