On 08/21/11 14:41, Kevin Oberman wrote:
2011/8/21 Lev Serebryakov<l...@freebsd.org>:
Hello, Nathan.
You wrote 21 августа 2011 г., 20:53:22:

GPT is bootable on all x86 systems, with either EFI or BIOS, and is now
   Ok, I was not sure here.
The Wikipedia article on GUID Partition Table states that Windows only supports
GPT boot when the system is a EFI system and is 64-bit Windows, Vista or newer.
Windows-32 will not boot from a GPT disk.

I know Wikipedia is not always right, but it matches my limited experience.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table

We do EFI boot differently from Windows, using a PMBR bootstrap. This means it will work even on a 386 (in principle: I don't really want to dig out my 386 to check).
-Nathan