"Michael L. Imamura" wrote:

> I haven't tried xfce, but I had some problems running Enlightenment 16.3,
> all related to shared memory.  I disabled shared pixmaps in my Imlib
> configuration and that got rid of the random crashing, but is again not a
> very optimal solution :)  I'm guessing it's a problem with the current GTK
> version and X4.
>
> Try starting xfce with "--no-xshm" and/or "--no-shm" and see if the
> problem clears up.

        Unfortunately those options aren't available, either at run time or
compile time AFAICS. I'm in no hurry to migrate to X4 though, so I don't
really mind. I've heard enough people give good reports about it that I
thought it was worth a try, but I can wait.

Thanks,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"