On 08/30/11 15:14, Olivier Smedts wrote:
2011/8/30 Alex Kuster<vertex.symph...@gmail.com>:
I would also recommend you to move the clang stuff for base system where it
belongs ( /etc/src.conf .. see src.conf(5)  ).
> From http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang

Add the following lines to /etc/make.conf:

.if !defined(CC) || ${CC} == "cc"
CC=clang
.endif
.if !defined(CXX) || ${CXX} == "c++"
CXX=clang++
.endif
.if !defined(CPP) || ${CPP} == "cpp"
CPP=clang -E
.endif
# Don't die on warnings
NO_WERROR=
WERROR=
# Don't forget this when using Jails!
NO_FSCHG=

So make.conf seems to be the good place.

But as the previous poster referred to, there was an issue with CURDIR settings which do not work properly anymore. The suggestions from the WIKI set a global use of CLANG, even for ports, which I do not want since many ports do not build properly or refuse to build when compiled with CLANG. And I don't want to switch/edit /etc/make.conf everytime I build a world and then edit back when doing simple
daily/weekly port-upgrades.

For the ease of use, in such a case the whole CLANG YES or NO switches/knobs/stuff should really be triggered only by /etc/src.conf, since this location intuitively suggests it is the right place (as my Emglish understanding of the manpage of src.conf(5) is correct and this place is the place for the WORLD's stuff).

oh