On 09/08/11 16:22, mysph...@web.de wrote:
Hi there,

first off all I have to say, that your new Installer in FBSD v9.0 is
very well done.
I just found an option, which is not activated at this time. So I wanted
to ask, if it’s possible a bug or something like that.

I’ve tried to change the<Options>  in the section Partition Editor with
the subsection Add Partition and wanted to save my changes: Softupdates
= disabled, Softupdates journaling = disabled, TRIM = enabled with the
<OK>  button.
But if I reenter the<Options>  menu, so my changes will be overwritten
with the default values: SU = enabled, SUJ = enabled ([UFS1 +] TRIM =
disabled).

I’ve tried this without success in FBSD v9.0 BETA1+2 (amd64) with the
ISO- and the IMG Images.

My workaround is, that I run in single-user-mode and change the values
with tunefs.

Would you please check, that<Options>  point – if my act is accurate.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

This is an interesting point that I hadn't tested. The options do work -- the state of the dialog is just not restored when the Options menu is reentered and so a second trip to Options resets the defaults, unless you then change it again. I'm traveling at the moment, so am not able to fix it at the moment. The internal architecture may also make it slightly tricky to fix.
-Nathan