Not very helpful at this point; what I need is the time to attempt to
reproduce your situation.  To be quite honest, since none of the BIOS,
RedHat nor FreeBSD can agree over the actual reported size of the array
coming from these controllers of yours, I'm rather inclined to think that
there's an external factor affecting things.

> OK. How about if I put the controller in a spare PC, stick a -current on there, and
>give you telnet access?
> Hopefully it _is_ just something stupid I'm doing, but at least that will cure my
>problem.
> If it's not, it may be a problem for others as well.
>
> Lawrence

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]