Are there any plans to support the buggy CMD640 interface in the future
now that 4.0-RELEASE has come and gone?  I have a box that is running 3.4
happily, and it has this interface.  I really would like the chance to use
some of the 4.0 features, but I can not while support for this interface
lacks.

Right now, the code does identify the controller and give a warning about
a buggy interface.  It then proceeds to choke and die on the CD-ROM probe.
I will gladly post more accurate details (I have already in the past) if
such support will eventually be [re]added.

Thanks,

Tom Veldhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]