If memory serves me right, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> Planning a router between FDDI and Fast Ethernet I'm wondering
> if I'm on the safe side when using FreeBSD 4.0-current for this project
> rather than being more conservative and use an older version of the OS.

You mean 4.0-stable, right?  :-)

My really touchy-feely opinion is that either way is probably going to
be fine, but my machines are research platforms, not production routers.

> What FDDI cards could be recommended? (There aren't many, though, I believe).

Here's what's supported:

fpa(4), fea(4) - Device Drivers for DEC FDDI Controllers

fpa is a PCI card, fea is EISA.

Bruce.

PGP signature