On 02/23/12 16:22, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
On Thursday 23 February 2012 06:14 pm, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
BTW, the temperature reading goes up when the system is loaded and
goes down when it is idle, right?  Just making sure...

Thanks,

Jung-uk Kim

yes that is correct I  tested this patch on 2 FX series Processors
a 6 core and 8 core, both work fine. any chance you could commit
this patch to HEAD?
Done.

Jung-uk Kim

Just tested this as result of HEAD commit.
With dual Opteron 4128, amdtemp.ko output now matches "ipmitool sensor" (BMC) output, which it didn't in the past.
amdtemp.ko used to read higher.

So low or not, we're at least reading it the "same" in the case (we have an extra digit of precision, actually, but...)

Matt