Hello again.

I did some rtfm and src digging, it appears the listing I gave is
correct; the raw devices are in the rvinum dircetory. Problem is,
dump looks in vinum/r*. There seems that vinum introduces a bug
here, since dump's rawname function replaces the last '/' in the
device name with '/r'. In my 3.4 systems I have both rvinum and
vinum/r* in my /dev directory.

One solution is for vinum to create symlinks /dev/vinum/rplex ->
/dev/rvinum/plex, to help dump find the raw device from the fstab
entry. That's what I'm doing manually now to get my filesystems
dumped. This should probably be handled by vinum somehow?

/Palle