Well, actually these have been partially reviewed over the last few
    months, but I'd like to commit them now so I need a final review on
    these babies.

    The three patches are available at:

        http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD4/

    buffer cache cleanup:

        This is probably more for bde, dg, Julian, or Alfred.   bde has
        already reviewed most of the patch.  This is the final version.

        This patch takes a step towards getting rid of the buffer cache's
        KVA management.  It chunks up the KVA allocations for the buffer
        cache to reduce fragmentation and also fixes geteblk()'s allocation
        size (previously geteblk() used MAXBSIZE, which can cause severe
        fragmentation).

    swap-SPL:

        Required splvm()'s had to be added to two places in the swap subsystem
        (but I don't think the lack of these spl's is the cause of the
        recently reported crashes, though it is possible).

    NFS packet buffer:

        This patch increases the default buffer size from 2 to 4 packets
        for UDP NFS mounts and adds a sysctl that allows the buffer size
        to be adjusted prior to mounting.

        This patch apparently makes a big difference on clients on gigabit
        networks, especially slower clients which can't pop the UDP packets
        off the queue quickly enough.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>