On 10.07.2012 16:02 (UTC+2), Warner Losh wrote:

On Jul 10, 2012, at 3:10 AM, Rainer Hurling wrote:
As far as I understand from discussions on R mailing list
(r-de...@r-project.org), they plan to reduce the emulation and/or workaround of
long and complex math functions for FreeBSD and other systems with their next
releases of R devel. So we could really need some progress with our C99 conform
math functions ;-)

Not having R would be a bit pain in my backside.  That's one of the practical
considerations that I was talking about.  It is very real, and if I have to,
I'll commit the #define junk I railed against to get it back.  Please, let's
get some progress.  I have some time to help.

Yes, thank you Warner, that is also my problem. As I wrote some weeks ago (05/28/2012) when starting this thread, I am using FreeBSD as a scientific desktop because of its good scaling properties. For some years now, FreeBSD fits all our needs with R, SAGA GIS, PostgreSQL and some more.

If I would not be able to run upcoming versions of R on FreeBSD any more, that would be really, really hard :-(

Rainer

Warner