On 07/29/12 14:24, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Michael Butler
> <i...@protected-networks.net> wrote:
>> Is anyone else having troubles getting -current after SVN r238886 to
>> boot? In my case, I have an unstoppable stream of pager_something
>> console messages :-(
>
>     What was the previous version you booted and what's your configuration?
> Thanks,
> -Garrett

I'm on an x86 core duo laptop with a single SATA disk split between
Windoze-7 and FreeBSD. Nothing really special in the kernel config (as
attached).

The kernel from r238864 (yesterday) is working just fine,

        imb

# TOSHI

include GENERIC

ident           TOSHI-SMP

nomakeoption    DEBUG
#makeoptions    WITH_CTF=no

nocpu           I486_CPU
nocpu           I586_CPU

#nooptions      SCHED_ULE               # ULE scheduler
#options        SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
nooptions       MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device
nooptions       NFSSERVER               # Network Filesystem Server
nooptions       NFS_ROOT                # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCLIENT
nooptions       NFSD                    # Experimental Network Filesystem Server
#options         NFSCL

nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD5         # Compatible with FreeBSD5
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD6         # Compatible with FreeBSD6
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD7         # Compatible with FreeBSD7

#nooptions      SCSI_DELAY

# Debugging for use in -current
nooptions       KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support.
nooptions       DDB                     # Support DDB.
nooptions       GDB                     # Support remote GDB.
nooptions       DEADLKRES               # Enable the deadlock resolver
nooptions       INVARIANTS              # Enable calls of extra sanity checking
nooptions       INVARIANT_SUPPORT       # Extra sanity checks of internal
structures, required by INVARIANTS
nooptions       WITNESS                 # Enable checks to detect deadlocks and
cycles
nooptions       WITNESS_SKIPSPIN        # Don't run witness on spinlocks for
speed

#options        KDB_TRACE               # print a stack trace on panic
#options        DEBUG_MEMGUARD          # detect reads or writes from allocated
memory after free
#options        DIAGNOSTIC              # enable additional, more expensive
diagnostic tests along
                                        # the lines of options INVARIANTS.

nodevice        eisa
nodevice        fdc

#device ata

nodevice        ataraid         # ATA RAID drives
nodevice        atapifd         # ATAPI floppy drives
nodevice        atapist         # ATAPI tape drives

nodevice        atadisk         # ATA disk drives
nodevice        atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives
#device         atausb          # ATA-USB bridge
#device         atapicam        # emulate ATAPI devices as SCSI ditto via CAM
                                # needs CAM to be present (scbus & pass)
#device         atacore         # Core ATA functionality
#device         atapci          # PCI bus support; only generic chipset support
#device         ataahci         # AHCI SATA
#device         ataintel        # Intel

#device         ahci
#device         ada
nodevice        mvs             # Marvell 88SX50XX/88SX60XX/88SX70XX/SoC SATA
nodevice        siis            # SiliconImage SiI3124/SiI3132/SiI3531 SATA

# SCSI Controllers
nodevice        ahb             # EISA AHA1742 family
nodevice        ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
nooptions       AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
nodevice        ahd             # AHA39320/29320 and onboard AIC79xx devices
nooptions       AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.
nodevice        amd             # AMD 53C974 (Tekram DC-390(T))
nodevice        esp             # AMD Am53C974 (Tekram DC-390(T))
nodevice        hptiop          # Highpoint RocketRaid 3xxx series
nodevice        isp             # Qlogic family

nodevice        mpt             # LSI-Logic MPT-Fusion
nodevice        sym             # NCR/Symbios Logic (newer chipsets + those of
`ncr')
nodevice        trm             # Tekram DC395U/UW/F DC315U adapters

nodevice        adv             # Advansys SCSI adapters
nodevice        adw             # Advansys wide SCSI adapters
nodevice        aha             # Adaptec 154x SCSI adapters
nodevice        aic             # Adaptec 15[012]x SCSI adapters, AIC-6[23]60.
nodevice        bt              # Buslogic/Mylex MultiMaster SCSI adapters

nodevice        ncv             # NCR 53C500
nodevice        nsp             # Workbit Ninja SCSI-3
nodevice        stg             # TMC 18C30/18C50
nodevice        isci            # Intel C600 SAS controller

nodevice        ch              # SCSI media changers
nodevice        sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
nodevice        ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)

nodevice        amr             # AMI MegaRAID
nodevice        arcmsr          # Areca SATA II RAID
nodevice        asr             # DPT SmartRAID V, VI and Adaptec SCSI RAID
nodevice        ciss            # Compaq Smart RAID 5*
nodevice        dpt             # DPT Smartcache III, IV - See NOTES for options
nodevice        hptmv           # Highpoint RocketRAID 182x
nodevice        rr232x          # Highpoint RocketRAID 232x
nodevice        hptrr           # Highpoint RocketRAID 17xx, 22xx, 23xx, 25xx
nodevice        iir             # Intel Integrated RAID
nodevice        ips             # IBM (Adaptec) ServeRAID
nodevice        mly             # Mylex AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID
nodevice        twa             # 3ware 9000 series PATA/SATA RAID
nodevice        tws             # LSI 3ware 9750 SATA+SAS 6Gb/s RAID controller

nodevice        aac             # Adaptec FSA RAID
nodevice        aacp            # SCSI passthrough for aac (requires CAM)
nodevice        ida             # Compaq Smart RAID
nodevice        mfi             # LSI MegaRAID SAS
nodevice        mlx             # Mylex DAC960 family
nodevice        pst             # Promise Supertrak SX6000
nodevice        twe             # 3ware ATA RAID

nodevice        ppc
nodevice        ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
nodevice        lpt             # Printer
nodevice        plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
nodevice        ppi             # Parallel port interface device

nodevice        bxe             # Broadcom BCM57710/BCM57711/BCM57711E 10Gb
Ethernet
nodevice        de              # DEC/Intel DC21x4x (``Tulip'')
nodevice        em              # Intel PRO/1000 adapter Gigabit Ethernet Card
nodevice        igb             # Intel PRO/1000 PCIE Server Gigabit Family
nodevice        ixgb            # Intel PRO/10GbE Ethernet Card
nodevice        le              # AMD Am7900 LANCE and Am79C9xx PCnet
nodevice        ti              # Alteon Networks Tigon I/II gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        txp             # 3Com 3cR990 (``Typhoon'')
nodevice        vx              # 3Com 3c590, 3c595 (``Vortex'')

nodevice        ae              # Attansic/Atheros L2 FastEthernet
nodevice        age             # Attansic/Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        alc             # Atheros AR8131/AR8132 Ethernet
nodevice        ale             # Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 Ethernet
nodevice        bce             # Broadcom BCM5706/BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        bfe             # Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 Ethernet
nodevice        bge             # Broadcom BCM570xx Gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        cas             # Sun Cassini/Cassini+ and NS DP83065 Saturn
nodevice        dc              # DEC/Intel 21143 and various workalikes
nodevice        et              # Agere ET1310 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet

nodevice        gem             # Sun GEM/Sun ERI/Apple GMAC
nodevice        hme             # Sun HME (Happy Meal Ethernet)
nodevice        jme             # JMicron JMC250 Gigabit/JMC260 Fast Ethernet
nodevice        lge             # Level 1 LXT1001 gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        msk             # Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        nfe             # nVidia nForce MCP on-board Ethernet
nodevice        nge             # NatSemi DP83820 gigabit Ethernet

nodevice        pcn             # AMD Am79C97x PCI 10/100(precedence over 'lnc')
#device         re              # RealTek 8139C+/8169/8169S/8110S
nodevice        rl              # RealTek 8129/8139
nodevice        sf              # Adaptec AIC-6915 (``Starfire'')
nodevice        sge             # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS190/191
nodevice        sis             # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS 900/SiS 7016
nodevice        sk              # SysKonnect SK-984x & SK-982x gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        ste             # Sundance ST201 (D-Link DFE-550TX)
nodevice        stge            # Sundance/Tamarack TC9021 gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        tl              # Texas Instruments ThunderLAN
nodevice        tx              # SMC EtherPower II (83c170 ``EPIC'')
nodevice        vge             # VIA VT612x gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II
nodevice        vte             # DM&P Vortex86 RDC R6040 Fast Ethernet
nodevice        wb              # Winbond W89C840F
nodevice        xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

nodevice        cs              # Crystal Semiconductor CS89x0 NIC
nodevice        ed              # NE[12]000, SMC Ultra, 3c503, DS8390 cards
nodevice        ex              # Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+
nodevice        ep              # Etherlink III based cards
nodevice        fe              # Fujitsu MB8696x based cards
nodevice        ie              # EtherExpress 8/16, 3C507, StarLAN 10 etc.
nodevice        sn              # SMC's 9000 series of Ethernet chips
nodevice        xe              # Xircom pccard Ethernet

nodevice        an              # Aironet 4500/4800 802.11 wireless NICs.
#nodevice       ath             # Atheros pci/cardbus NIC's
#nodevice       ath_pci         # Atheros pci/cardbus glue
#nodevice       ath_hal         # pci/cardbus chip support
#nooptions      AH_SUPPORT_AR5416       # enable AR5416 tx/rx descriptors
#nodevice       ath_rate_sample # SampleRate tx rate control for ath
#nodevice       awi             # BayStack 660 and others
#nodevice       bwi             # Broadcom BCM430x/BCM431x wireless NICs.
#nodevice       bwn             # Broadcom BCM43xx wireless NICs.
nodevice        ipw             # Intel 2100 wireless NICs.
nodevice        iwi             # Intel 2200BG/2225BG/2915ABG wireless NICs.
nodevice        iwn             # Intel 4965/1000/5000/6000 wireless NICs.
nodevice        malo            # Marvell Libertas wireless NICs.
nodevice        mwl             # Marvell 88W8363 802.11n wireless NICs.
nodevice        ral             # Ralink Technology RT2500 wireless NICs.
#nodevice       wi              # WaveLAN/Intersil/Symbol 802.11 wireless NICs.
nodevice        wpi             # Intel 3945ABG wireless NICs.

nodevice        sl              # Kernel SLIP
nodevice        ppp             # Kernel PPP
#device         faith           # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)

# USB support
#device         uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
#device         ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
#device         ehci            # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)
nodevice        xhci            # XHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 3.0)
#device         usb             # USB Bus (required)
#device         udbp            # USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
#device         uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
#device         ukbd            # Keyboard
nodevice        ulpt            # Printer
#device         umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device          ums             # Mouse
nodevice        rum             # Ralink Technology RT2501USB wireless NICs
nodevice        run             # Ralink Technology RT2700/RT2800/RT3000 NICs.
nodevice        uath            # Atheros AR5523 wireless NICs
nodevice        upgt            # Conexant/Intersil PrismGT wireless NICs.
nodevice        ural            # Ralink Technology RT2500USB wireless NICs
nodevice        urtw            # Realtek RTL8187B/L wireless NICs
nodevice        zyd             # ZyDAS zb1211/zb1211b wireless NICs

nodevice        urio            # Diamond Rio 500 MP3 player
#device         uscanner        # Scanners
# USB Serial devices
#device         ucom            # Generic com ttys
nodevice        u3g             # USB-based 3G modems (Option, Huawei, Sierra)
nodevice        uark            # Technologies ARK3116 based serial adapters
nodevice        ubsa            # Belkin F5U103 and compatible serial adapters
nodevice        uftdi           # For FTDI usb serial adapters
nodevice        uipaq           # Some WinCE based devices
nodevice        uplcom          # Prolific PL-2303 serial adapters
#device         uslcom          # SI Labs CP2101/CP2102 serial adapters
nodevice        uvisor          # Visor and Palm devices
nodevice        uvscom          # USB serial support for DDI pocket's PHS
# USB Ethernet, requires miibus
nodevice        aue             # ADMtek USB Ethernet
nodevice        axe             # ASIX Electronics USB Ethernet
nodevice        cdce            # Generic USB over Ethernet
nodevice        cue             # CATC USB Ethernet
nodevice        kue             # Kawasaki LSI USB Ethernet
nodevice        rue             # RealTek RTL8150 USB Ethernet
nodevice        udav            # Davicom DM9601E USB

nodevice        fwe             # Ethernet over FireWire (non-standard!)
nodevice        fwip            # IP over FireWire (RFC 2734,3146)

device          smbus           # Bus support, required for smb below.
device          ichsmb
device          smb

#options        VESA

# ACPI WMI Mapping driver
#device         acpi_wmi

# ACPI Video Extensions (LCD backlight/brightness, video output, etc.)
device          acpi_video

# ACPI Docking Station
#device         acpi_dock

# Hardware watchdog timers:
#
# ichwd: Intel ICH watchdog timer
#
device          ichwd

#
# System Management Bus (SMB)
#
options         ENABLE_ALART            # Control alarm on Intel intpm driver

# Direct Rendering modules for 3D acceleration.
#device         drm             # DRM core module required by DRM drivers
#device         i915drm         # Intel i830 through i915

#device         drm2

device          smbios

# netgraph(4). Enable the base netgraph code with the NETGRAPH option.
# Individual node types can be enabled with the corresponding option
# listed below; however, this is not strictly necessary as netgraph
# will automatically load the corresponding KLD module if the node type
# is not already compiled into the kernel. Each type below has a
# corresponding man page, e.g., ng_async(8).
options         NETGRAPH                # netgraph(4) system
#options        NETGRAPH_DEBUG          # enable extra debugging, this
                                        # affects netgraph(4) and nodes
# Node types
#options        NETGRAPH_ASYNC
#options        NETGRAPH_ATMLLC
#options        NETGRAPH_ATM_ATMPIF
options         NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH              # ng_bluetooth(4)
#options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_BT3C         # ng_bt3c(4)
#options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_H4           # ng_h4(4)
options         NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_HCI          # ng_hci(4)
options         NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_L2CAP        # ng_l2cap(4)
options         NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_SOCKET       # ng_btsocket(4)
options         NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_UBT          # ng_ubt(4)
#options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_UBTBCMFW     # ubtbcmfw(4)
#options        NETGRAPH_BPF
#options        NETGRAPH_BRIDGE
#options        NETGRAPH_CISCO
#options        NETGRAPH_DEVICE
#options        NETGRAPH_ECHO
#options        NETGRAPH_EIFACE
options         NETGRAPH_ETHER
#options        NETGRAPH_FEC
#options        NETGRAPH_FRAME_RELAY
#options        NETGRAPH_GIF
#options        NETGRAPH_GIF_DEMUX
#options        NETGRAPH_HOLE
#options        NETGRAPH_IFACE
#options        NETGRAPH_IP_INPUT
#options        NETGRAPH_IPFW
#options        NETGRAPH_KSOCKET
#options        NETGRAPH_L2TP
#options        NETGRAPH_LMI
# MPPC compression requires proprietary files (not included)
#options        NETGRAPH_MPPC_COMPRESSION
#options        NETGRAPH_MPPC_ENCRYPTION
#options        NETGRAPH_NETFLOW
#options        NETGRAPH_NAT
#options        NETGRAPH_ONE2MANY
#options        NETGRAPH_PPP
#options        NETGRAPH_PPPOE
#options        NETGRAPH_PPTPGRE
#options        NETGRAPH_RFC1490
options         NETGRAPH_SOCKET
#options        NETGRAPH_SPLIT
#options        NETGRAPH_SPPP
#options        NETGRAPH_TCPMSS
#options        NETGRAPH_TEE
#options        NETGRAPH_TTY
#options        NETGRAPH_UI
#options        NETGRAPH_VJC

# NgATM - Netgraph ATM
#options        NGATM_ATM
#options        NGATM_ATMBASE
#options        NGATM_SSCOP
#options        NGATM_SSCFU
#options        NGATM_UNI
#options        NGATM_CCATM

device          blank_saver

# Enable Linux ABI emulation
options         COMPAT_LINUX

# Enable the linux-like proc filesystem support (requires COMPAT_LINUX
# and PSEUDOFS)
options         LINPROCFS

#Enable the linux-like sys filesystem support (requires COMPAT_LINUX)
options         LINSYSFS

# Linux-specific pseudo devices support
device          lindev

options         NTFS                    #NT File System
#options        UDF                     #Universal Disk Format

#
options         SMBFS                   #SMB/CIFS filesystem
#
# SMB/CIFS requester
# NETSMB enables support for SMB protocol, it requires LIBMCHAIN and
# LIBICONF options.
# NETSMBCRYPTO enables support for encrypted passwords.
options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
#options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB
#
options         LIBMCHAIN
options         LIBICONV

# Sound support
#device         sound           # Generic sound driver (required)
nodevice        snd_es137x      # Ensoniq AudioPCI ES137x
#device         snd_hda         # Intel High Definition Audio
#device         snd_ich         # Intel, NVidia and other ICH AC'97 Audio
device          snd_uaudio      # USB Audio
nodevice        snd_via8233     # VIA VT8233x Audio

device          crypto

device          tap

options         CD9660_ICONV
options         MSDOSFS_ICONV
options         NTFS_ICONV
#options         UDF_ICONV

options         VFS_AIO

# Temperature sensors:
#
# coretemp: on-die sensor on Intel Core and newer CPUs
#
device          coretemp

device          wpifw
#device         wpi

#device         mmc
#device         mmcsd
#device         sdhci

device          hwpmc

device          cpuctl

# Zero copy sockets support.  This enables "zero copy" for sending and
# receiving data via a socket.  The send side works for any type of NIC,
# the receive side only works for NICs that support MTUs greater than the
# page size of your architecture and that support header splitting.  See
# zero_copy(9) for more details.
#options        ZERO_COPY_SOCKETS

# Provide read/write access to the memory in the clock chip.
device          nvram           # Access to rtc cmos via /dev/nvram
device          dpms            # DPMS suspend & resume via VESA BIOS

# x86 real mode BIOS emulator, required by atkbdc/dpms/vesa
options         X86BIOS

#device         smapi
#device         vpd

#options        IEEE80211_SUPPORT_SUPERG        # ATH superG
#options                IEEE80211_SUPPORT_TDMA          # TDMA support

# POSIX message queue
options         P1003_1B_MQUEUE

#options        GEOM_JOURNAL            # Journaling.

#options                ATA_CAM

device          mii             # Minimal MII support
device          mii_bitbang     # Common module for bit-bang'ing the MII

nodevice        miibus          # MII support including all PHYs
#device         inphy           # Intel 82553/82555
device          rgephy

device          iicbus
device          iicbb
device          iic