My 3.4 machine at work has periodic problems with the
fxp. No performance issues (perhaps a little slow, but
the network is congested enough that this is hard to
measure). However it does periodically display an
error message about "PHYS" and "unsupported". I am
home right now, so I can't reproduce the exact
message.

I'll post a more complete description on Monday
morning. (The worker sitting next to me, also running
3.4 on a Compaq experiences the same error messages.)

AGS

--- Yoshinobu Inoue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [cc:'d shin]
>
> :-) I have only fxp and fe for 4.0/5.0 machines at
> my work
> place, but I have a 4.0 machine with ep at my home.
> I think
> I'can test it tonight if it also happens in my
> environment.
>
> As far as I confirmed it here, many pinging with -s
> 1600 won't
> make any problems between my 3.x/4.0/5.0 machines
> with fxp/fe.
> Also I tried to set mtu 1200 to my fxp, and login
> other
> machines with mtu 1500, and did `ls -lR /`, and also
> there
> seems to be no problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Yoshinobu Inoue

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of
> the message

=====
'During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating
the Internet.' - Al Gore, March 9, 1999: On CNN's Late Edition