In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Alan Clegg さんいわく:
>> > On a dual PII system, access to /dev/smb0 (system management bus) by=20

In SMP Environment 'intpm' driver will not work correctly,because it drops
intrrupt. I made a patch so that it uses polling at

http://www.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp/~takawata/smbus/sys/intpmpoll.diff

.

>> > wmhm (/usr/ports/sysutils/wmhm) or gkrellm (/usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm)
>> > causes an immediate system panic.

But the panic seems to be another reason.It accesses i2c bus on
video capture card , not on south bridge.Is it surely PIIX4?
Before PIIX4, there is no SMBus interface on south bridge.
And I don't write the driver for i8xx chipset yet.