Hello all.

I had some spare time so i thought it was a good moment to look at auditdistd .
One thing i noticed was the default config file location.
The man page and the wiki tells me it is /etc/security/auditdistd

I enabled audistd by placing the following in the rc.conf file
auditdistd_enable="YES"

However if i want to start the deamon, it tells me the config file is not present.
And that is correct, because my config is in /etc/security/ and not /etc/

[root@smb-filer01 ~]# /etc/rc.d/auditdistd start
/etc/rc.d/auditdistd: WARNING: /etc/auditdistd.conf is not readable.
/etc/rc.d/auditdistd: WARNING: failed precmd routine for auditdistd
[root@smb-filer01 ~]#

I think the default location of the config file needs to be modified to match that of the wiki page and the man page.

regards
Johan  Hendriks