On 2013/01/27 15:31, Steven Hartland wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ulrich Spörlein" <u...@freebsd.org>

I have a slight problem with transplanting a zpool, maybe this is not
possible the way I like to do it, maybe I need to fuzz some
identifiers...

I want to transplant my old zpool tank from a 1TB drive to a new 2TB
drive, but *not* use dd(1) or any other cloning mechanism, as the pool
was very full very often and is surely severely fragmented.

Cant you just drop the disk in the original machine, set it as a mirror
then once the mirror process has completed break the mirror and remove
the 1TB disk.

If this is a boot disk don't forget to set the boot block as well.

   Regards
   Steve

Hello
before you start rebuilding mirror this way, don't forget

zpool set autoexpand=on tank

after you drop old 1TB disc from config, space will be expanded to new disc size.

Regards
Jiri