On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Lars Engels wrote:

I also dislike that src build times increased over the years since I run
CURRENT on my notebooks (starting 7-CURRENT, now 10-CURRENT).
Wouldn't it be possible to add a
DO_NOT_BUILD_CLANG_AND_GCC_IF_NOTHING_CHANGED= yes switch to src.conf?

Building clang takes ages and gcc is also pretty big...

devel/ccache really makes a gcc system buildworld a lot faster. I don't know why more people don't use it; why recompile so many things that have not changed?

My recollection of testing it with clang was that it did not make much of an improvement. Could be better now.