Am 2013-04-02 21:52, schrieb Konstantin Belousov:
On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 08:23:20PM +0200, m...@kernel32.de wrote:
Root mount waiting for: usbus2
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0 []...
start_init: trying /sbin/init
Good, thank you for testing.

thank you for helping out! :)
Although I might have to start another thread on freebsd-stable@, because my actual task here is to get 9.1-RELEASE up and running on this hardware (HP G8 Blade, and/or Dell M620 blade). 9.1-RELEASE weirdly enough gives me no serial output whatsoever. With identical loader settings. Well... I just thought I'd give -CURRENT a try and realized this problem and then thought I might as well continue here, since -CURRENT will be 10.0-REL someday...

And it stayed there for the last 10 minutes.

What can I do now?
I booted the image in qemu, initially there were no output on the
screen. In fact, the system is very much alive, I broke into the
debugger several times, and saw the tar/xz/sh working. More, after some
time, I got a login: prompt.

Interesting...

I have no idea what to expect from this thing, should it output anything after the kernel finished initializing, and why it sit there for 10 minutes.

Try breaking into the debugger and see where it progresses. To do this, you would need to boot with the 'boot -d' command from the loader prompt, then do 'w kbd_break_to_debugger 1', then ctrl-alt-esc when you want to
activate the debugger. In the debugger, start with the 'ps' command.

I'm going to give it a try, although it'll be quite hard.
I'm at a serial console via ssh on a HP blade with 9600 baud. I do wonder whether I can see anything while trying to get to the boot prompt. Let alone how to send a ctrl alt esc sequence via this line.

hm. I broke too early into the loader, did I?

FreeBSD/x86 boot
Default: 0:ad(0,a)boot
boot: boot -dNo boot

I'm going to continue trying to boot with -d and then break to the debugger. Let's see how long it'll take me on this serial line. Yuk. And I don't dare trying the Java applet for VGA. This one's even more difficult with regards to input/output.

Later,
./Marian