On 04/15/13 18:52, Kimmo Paasiala wrote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM, George Mitchell <george+free...@m5p.com> wrote:
On 04/15/13 18:09, Sean Bruno wrote:

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 15:58 -0400, George Mitchell wrote:

that does not respond to key presses on the keyboard.  It times out
and
continues loading anyway.  At this stage, I am always presented with a
manual mountroot: prompt, and I have to type "ufs:/dev/ada0s1a" to get
any further.

Hrm ... is /dev/ada0s1a the default root disk in your /etc/fstab ?

Sean

Yes:

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump Pass#
/dev/ada0s1b            none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ada0s1a            /               ufs     rw              1       1
[...]

Change the order so that the root device is the first in /etc/fstab.

-Kimmo

I tried that and there was no change.  I still get the "mountroot:"
prompt and have to type ufs:/dev/ada0s1a.               -- George