On 09/11/13 20:42, Uzumaki Naruto wrote:
If the issue is GPT and MBR, I am quite sure this laptop BIOS doesn't support
GPT disk type, because OEM Acer only gave GPT supported BIOS for model that
pre-loaded with Windows 8.
Maybe it helps to clarify, this laptop got no UEFI firmware, I could convert my
hard disk to GPT type using diskpart command, but the functionality to boot
from GPT partition is unavailable through BIOS.

Booting from GPT does not require BIOS support. BIOSes don't (or aren't supposed to -- some broken ones do) parse the partition table at all.
-Nathan