On 2013-10-25 17:17, J David wrote:
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Larry Rosenman <l...@lerctr.org> wrote:
we've tried this, and still the same issue.

Post that and the shorter local-only reproduction then, so people
don't spend time looking at the network layer.

So. I'm not sure how to diagnose it.

The message out of zfs send/recv is not very informative.

Other ideas?

Two:

1) Do a non-incremental send/receive and see if it works.

This worked.

2) Set up this exact test between two 10.0-BETA1 machines and then two
11-CURRENT machines to demonstrate whether the problem is specific to
one version or the other, or limited to the interaction between the
two versions.  If the latter, then you may have to start bisecting
commits to find the breaking point.
Hard to do, as my choices are the 2 machines I have.

This has been going on since 8.x (see posts from me in the list
archives from March to now).

Good luck!

Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c)     E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 108 Turvey Cove, Hutto, TX 78634-5688