On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 05:05:11PM -0700, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Kris Kennaway writes:
> > >   $ ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >   Warning: Server lies about size of server host key: actual size is 1023 bits
>vs. announced 1024.
> > >   Warning: This may be due to an old implementation of ssh.
> > >   Warning: identity keysize mismatch: actual 1023, announced 1024
> > >   Agent admitted failure to authenticate using the key.
> > >   Authentication agent failed to decrypt challenge.
> > >   Enter passphrase for RSA key '[EMAIL PROTECTED]':

Are you still being asked for your passphrase?  I noticed a couple
of days ago that ssh to freefall wanted my passphrase, but I didn't need
it yesterday or today.  Sunspots?  Full moon?

Even before OpenSSH, I've had this problem in the past.  Sometimes
it seemed to be due to reverse DNS lookups not resolving
correctly (my ISP wasn't always responding to reverse DNS
lookups correctly).

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard