On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 02:47:58AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> If you have a checked out copy of the ports collection in your home
> directory you can point to it with the PORTSDIR variable and everything
> will work fine. Having said that, an update of the /usr/ports dir would be
> good.

Yes indeed.

andreas@freefall 119% make
===>  rsync-2.4.1 : Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You need a fresh
make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror
site and follow the instructions.

I already checked out mk freshly as well and used that by changing
rsyncs Makefile:

.include "../../../mk/bsd.port.pre.mk"
[...]
.include "../../../mk/bsd.port.post.mk"