On 4/28/14, 11:57 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
On 4/28/14 12:48 AM, Julian Elischer wrote:
I need to do the equivalent of "cd /usr/src/cddl/usr.sbin/dtrace; make DESTDIR=/mumble all install"

but it pulls in libraries from the base system, which differ slightly from those in the source tree.

How can I force it to use /mumble2/include and /mumble2/lib instead of / ?

I can pre-populate /mumble2 using "make buildworld", "make libraries", and "make includes" but I need to be able to do selective builds of just subdirectories after that.. I haven't spotted the right way of forcing the use of the "--system_root /mumble2" option in the compiles.

I know we do it in 'buildworld' is there a more generic way?

I have been looking in the .mk files but I haven't spotted it so far.

There may be a way to use bsd.*.mk to do this, however we just use chroots + nullfs mounts.

Basically we buildworld into a directory and then nullfs mount our other sources under it, then we chroot to that "build".

I recommend doing this (or even using vms) as it's way too easy to introduce contamination from the host build environment otherwise.

we already do this.. but it's more complicated than that..
we end up needing both a chroot (as a stable build environment) AND
a separate toolchain directory (like buildworld uses) which can be perturbed by some of our local sources..
anyhow, I now have the answer as to what to use..
"make buildenv " and "make toolchain" are the two points of interst for what I need.

-Alfred