On 08/06/2014 16:33, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
On 17 May 2014 18:55, Sevan / Venture37<ventur...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>For archaeological reasons, the X61s was able to boot using ZFS on a
>BSD partition scheme (Thanks to Allen), the system can also boot from
>a ZFS volume with a MBR partition scheme if you*do not*  use the stock
>FreeBSD boot loader & switch to GRUB, this was tested by doing a stock
>install of PCBSD 10.0-RELEASE.
Part 2
Ran  "zpool labelclear -f ada0" & re-attempted a manual install onto a
MBR partition from the r265054 AMD64 snapshot I had at BSDCan, system
boots fine.
System is now multi-booting again with Windows & OpenBSD across 4 MBR
partitions.

That should've been "zpool labelclear -f /dev/ada0"

Replaced the SSD in my X61s with a SATA HDD & re-attempted the install once more, this time using the root-on-ZFS menu option in the installer. It worked without any further intervention.

Sevan / Venture37