Am 20.07.2014 18:19, schrieb Anders Bolt-Evensen:
Hello, everyone!
Last week, I created a custom ISO from the latest -CURRENT sources which contained an EFI image that is bootable on my MacBook Pro. Both installation and booting from this new FreeBSD 11 EFI system goes without any problems. However, I've also installed X11 and GNOME to get a graphical environment to work with, and that's when my problem occurs.

This computer has an Intel HD 3000 card as well as an AMD Radeon Mobility HD 6770M card.

The problem is that every time I start up X, using the Intel driver, the screen freezes with a cursor in the top left corner of the screen.
In other words, the X windowing system does not show up at all.
Pressing i.e. alt+F2 to switch away from this screen does not work.

info: [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 1 (10.10.2010).
info: [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
info: [drm] Enabling RC6 states: RC6 off, RC6p off, RC6pp off
drmn1: taking over the fictitious range 0xa0000000-0xb0000000
fbd1 on drmn1
VT: Replacing driver "efifb" with new "fb".
info: [drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730
1.6.0 20080730 looks old for me.
Have a look at https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics section "Installing KMS Ports"

Hope it helps
Regards