On 09/15/14 17:36, Allan Jude wrote:
On 2014-09-15 20:05, O. Hartmann wrote:
Installing FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-amd64-20140903-r270990 on a Laptop works for
UEFI fine.
After I updated the sources to  r271649, recompiled world and kernel (as well as
installed), now I get stuck with the screen message:

FreeBSD EFI boot block
    Loader path: /boot/loader.efi

and nothing happens. After a couple of minutes, the system reboots.

What happened and how can this problem be solved?

You might need to update the boot1.efi file on the UEFI partition (small
FAT partition on the disk)

I am not sure how 'in sync' boot1.efi (on the fat partiton) and
loader.efi have to be.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/UEFI

boot1.efi is designed never to need updating. (It also hasn't changed since April)
-Nathan