Hi

At Tue, 28 Mar 2000 06:46:27 -0500 (EST),
John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Looks good to me, but I need to test it to make sure.  I will also look
> >> at seeing if I can squeeze the int 13 extension installation check into
> >> boot1 and boot0 so that they will use packet mode automatically as well.
> Oh, I remember.  This just checks if the controller supports LBA.  You also
> need to check if the drive supports LBA.  The problem is with older drives.
> Hmm, I'll look around to see if you can ask the BIOS for drive capabilities.

I have convinced that there are no widespread services to query whether
drive supports LBA.

So I changed my patch to use Packet I/F only when we need to access
over 8GB.

Please review and test following patch.

Thanks.

--
Motomichi Matsuzaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Dept. of Biological Sciences, Grad. School of Science, Univ. of Tokyo, Japan

biosdisk.c.diff