On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <h...@selasky.org> wrote:
> On 01/04/15 19:58, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Can you throw this into reviews.freebsd.org please? This is something
>> that should be very closely reviewed and tested.
>>
>> (I'm going to go over this quite closely as it related to a lot of the
>> random crap I do ..)
>>

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Here you go:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1438
>
> Thank you for your time to review this!
>

> --HPS

Hans,

We've been running into 'spin lock held too long' panics in the kernel
idle threads on 10-STABLE over the past 6 months, so I was interested
to see your work here in the callout code.  I went ahead and brought
this patch back to a recent 10.1-STABLE base without much issue,
kern_timeout.c was actually the only piece with some easily resolvable
rejections.

I've had a box running stable under load with this patch for a few
days, and 10 more have just been added to the rotation.  Anyway just
figured you might be interested in the some feedback while the changes
are reviewed.

Thanks!

Jason