On 01/17/15 20:11, Jason Wolfe wrote:

HPS,

Just to give a quick status update, this patch has most certainly
resolved our spin lock held too long panics on stable/10.

Thank you to JHB for spending some time digging into the issue and
leading us to td_slpcallout as the culprit, and HPS for your rewrite.
I had heard rumors of other being affected by similar issues, so this
seems like a fine candidate for an MFC if possible.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I'm glad to hear that my patch has resolved your issue and I'm happy we now have a more stable system.

It was actually a co-worker at work which wrote some bad code which I started debugging which then lead me to look at the callout subsystem. One bug kills the other ;-)

I'm planning a MFC to 10-stable - yes, and will possibly add the _callout_stop_safe() function to not break binary compatibility with existing drivers as part of the MFC.

--HPS