Jonathan Lemon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> écrivait (wrote) :

> jlemon      2000/05/05 20:31:10 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     sys/netinet          tcp.h tcp_input.c tcp_output.c
>                          tcp_timer.c tcp_var.h
>   Log:
>   Implement TCP NewReno, as documented in RFC 2582.  This allows
>   better recovery for multiple packet losses in a single window.
>   The algorithm can be toggled via the sysctl net.inet.tcp.newreno,
>   which defaults to "on".
>
>   Submitted by:  Jayanth Vijayaraghavan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        This seems to have serious side effects on some TCP connections.
My ssh connection to a Linux server dies randomly wicth 'Connection
reset by peer', remote log shows:

May  7 16:31:13 hsc sshd[25825]: fatal: Local: Bad packet length 300903990.

        setting net.inet.tcp.newreno to 0 fix my problem.

        If this can help : i'm running -CURRENT from yesterday, i am using
stock ssh-1.2.27 (not openssh) on both sides on 33.6kbps ppp connection.