On 09/17/15 10:40, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Thursday, September 17, 2015 a las 11:02:07AM -0400, Kris Moore
escribió:

On 09/17/2015 09:48, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Thursday, September 17, 2015 a las 10:41:43PM +0900, Lundberg, Johannes
escribió:

Same here. I would personally definitely buy new hardware from Intel if
FreeBSD worked on it (not vesa...)
What dow you have against vesa? I run CURRENT on some Acer C720
Chromebooks with Haswell chipset in Vesa mode. And you will not note it.
I have never ever had such a fast desktop (KDE4) before. I can live fine
with Vesa until Haswell suport is there.

        matthias

BTW, have you tried the xf86-video-scfb driver? It works much better
than vesa here. The only catch is you have to be booted UEFI with CSM
disabled. Using it on my X1 Carbon, gets 3k resolution properly and
everything. Thanks to Glen Barber for bringing that to my attention.

The Chromebook Acer C720 does not has UEFI; it runs Coreboot with
SeaBIOS as payload.

The Xorg runs fine without any xorg.conf file, just detects the video as
Vesa with 1366x768 resolution, the max of the 11" screen of this
netbook.

Do you have 802.11n and hibernate working on that c720?  I put linux on
mine for that reason.  Although despite immense efforts I can't get
the trackpad to be detected.  I tried bringing up 10.2 on it but
couldn't get it to boot.  These things are just awesome.  4G memory
+ i3 + 6hr battery for $240 delivered.

Russell

        matthias