For the past couple of weeks I've noticed rc5des isn't playing friendly with
the other processes on my system.  When running a CPU intensive task (such
as a buildworld, MP3 encoder, or xmame) rc5des hogs around 20-30% CPU even
though, by default, it is niced at +20.

The last known "good" kernel build I have here is almost a month old -- 29th
of April.  It broke sometime between then and May 6th, and I haven't had a
build that doesn't exibit this behaviour since.

Anyone else noticed similar symptoms?

-jake

--
Jacob A. Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>