Ian Lepore wrote on 03/26/16 04:09 AM:
On Sat, 2016-03-26 at 02:42 +0300, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
Ian Lepore wrote on 03/26/16 02:11 AM:
On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 23:33 +0300, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
Hello,

I have this in pciconf output:

====
=
none1@pci0:36:0:0:      class=0x088000 card=0x167e103c
chip=0x2392197b
rev=0x30 hdr=0x00
       vendor     = 'JMicron Technology Corp.'
       device     = 'SD/MMC Host Controller'
       class      = base peripheral

none2@pci0:36:0:3:      class=0x088000 card=0x167e103c
chip=0x2393197b
rev=0x30 hdr=0x00
       vendor     = 'JMicron Technology Corp.'
       device     = 'MS Host Controller'
       class      = base peripheral
====
=

And my SD-card controller is not working anymore (it worked on
-current
on the same laptop year or two ago). Do I need to load some kld
make
it working, or support for this controllers was dropped
altogether
for
some reason? I have mostly vanilla GENERIC at r296772, but it
actually
stopped to work much earlier.

Thanks.

Do you have a pciconf entry for class=080501 chip=0x2391197b,
device
would probably be "SD Host Controller", and if so, is it none@pci o
sdhci_pci@pci ?  If sdhci_pci attached, there would be dmesg output
for
it, and I'm curious whether any irq-related error showed up when it
attached.

The only change I can find that might have some effect is a switch
MSI-based interrupts some time ago.  That was MFC'd to 10-stable in
r271051, and that's very close to range cited in that PR.

It might be worth trying to set hw.sdhci.enable_msi=0 in
loader.conf
and see if it makes a difference.

-- Ian

Sorry, but nothing has changed in pciconf/dmesg with this option at
boot.

Hmm, well so much for logic ("what changed around the time reported in
that PR?").  Now for intuition...

Maybe this JMicro device id needs the same quirks as the 2381 ID that's
already in the driver.  The attached patch would add that.  If this
fixes it, that's good, but it doesn't explain why it worked then
stopped working at some point.

-- Ian

I updated to r297281 with this quirk applied. Sadly, it doesn't change anything - controllers still not recognized. I also tried to boot this revision with disabled hw.sdhci.enable_msi=0, that I applied earlier.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

T.O.S. Of Reality