Gerrit Kühn wrote on 04/25/2016 07:48:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 18:52:32 +0100 Matthew Seaman <matt...@freebsd.org>
wrote about Re: why 100 packages are evil:

MS> > Is freebsd-update going away as result of the new packaging ?

Yes.  It will be replaced by 'pkg upgrade' -- as far as I know, that's
the plan for 11.0-RELEASE.

Hm... I never had any troubles with freebsd-update, it always "just
worked" for me. OTOH, I remember having several issues with pkg, requiring
to fix databases manually and so on.

I had many issues with freebsd-update in the past so the last year I converted all machines back to "installkernel & installworld" from NFS mounted build server. It is faster and predictable than freebsd-update (in my case). I hope that pkg upgrade will be good replacement one day. But I don't think it is good enough right now.

Miroslav Lachman