On 28-May-00 Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> "Thomas D. Dean" writes:
>: I just completed a 'make world' on a -current cvsup'ed yesterday and saw
>: no errors.
>
> When was the previous time that you did this?  And did you update the
> binutils first?  It sure would be a MAJOR BUMMER if one needed to
> update binutils first...

I built a new world fine with the new binutils right after all my commits
in /sys/boot.  Also, I built world again with today's sources:

--------------------------------------
build started at 10:20:27 on 05/28/00
build finished at 14:39:14 on 05/28/00
--------------------------------------
> ld -v
GNU ld version 2.10-anoncvs-20000512 (with BFD 2.10-anoncvs-20000512)
> as -v
GNU assembler version 2.10-anoncvs-20000512 (i386-unknown-freebsdelf5.0) using BFD
version
2.10-anoncvs-20000512

In all my tests, I used a normal make buildworld, I never manually
built or installed binutils.

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/