On 03/04/2017 11:44, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
Adrian Chadd (adrian.ch...@gmail.com) wrote:
We're not; we need to cope with crappy BIOS emulations and not crash :)

What's Linux doing instead? Ignoring the RTC?

I believe I saw the same problem on either my NUC or Minnowboard.
I just hacked around it to work on something else and didn't
have time to get back to the device since then. But it's not
just emulation BIOS. I think the right way to go is to perform sanity
check on RTC data and refuse to use it if it's not valid.

cem@ posted this patch:

        http://dpaste.com/1K2W05E

If someone can test it, I'll gladly commit it. The real-time clock will likely be wrong, but it won't panic with INVARIANTS.

Eric