On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Dan Nelson wrote:

>In the last episode (Jun 14), Otter said:
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Chris Piazza wrote:
>> > Yes backout recent changes to sys/dev/sound/pcm/channel.c. (a few
>> > days)
>>
>> How does one backout changes? I thought once it was committed, and
>> the make world process is complete, it was just that: committed.
>
>You make another commit, undoing what your first commit did.  That way
>there is a record of what you did, and hopefully why it was backed out.
>For more info:
>
>info -n "(cvs)Merging two revisions"

I honestly don't think his question was from a committers standpoint.  I
think he wanted to know how to back them out locally for his own system.
To do that he needs to read the handbook entries for staying current
with FreeBSD, specifically the stuff on anoncvs.  Then to back them out
he needs to use cvs to retrieve an older revision of the affected files
via anoncvs and make a new world.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
"You should believe in death, taxes, Larry Ellison's loathing of Bill
Gates and Intel's inability to ship a working chipset."