I tried booting a kernel this morning, just to see Peter's new
"lean-n-mean" kernel config format in action, and I turned my
workstation into a headless server in the process. :-)

Most notably, these former entries were now missing from my dmesg
output when I logged in remotely and poked around:

atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
sc0: <System console> on isa0

JFYI...

- Jordan