Quoting Bryan Drewery <br...@shatow.net> (from Sun, 4 Jun 2017 14:38:07 -0700):

On 6/4/17 5:09 AM, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
Hi,

new kernel (surely r318877 and later) and old syslog in a jail = NOK.

What branch and revision is the syslogd? From my understanding the bug
exists in a head version of syslogd only, maybe MFC'd to stable/11, but
not released.  If it was MFC'd we need to fix it before the 11.1 release.

This was a syslogd from head for sure.

So the issue was that for an intermediate period of time a bug was in syslogd in head which was causing this, and if I would have upgraded a system were the jail would have been head from before the or after the bug, then I wouldn't have noticed it?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF