On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 12:35:12PM +0200, Mark Murray wrote:
> 1) It is not yet cryptographically secure, so those of you using
>    CURRENT for "live" projects, please be careful!

I guess it follows that it is not a good idea to generate keys or
certificates on -CURRENT for a while (until entropy comes back to town)?
I don't know which applications depend on /dev/random providing entropy
and which gather their own.

If so, I think this needs an UPDATING entry, particularly since the
symptoms could outlive the cause.  i.e. something to the effect of
``Keys and certificates generated on -CURRENT on or after m/d/y should
not be used'' and updated again when the entropy is again available.

--
Jacques Vidrine / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]