On 05/10/18 03:45, Johannes Dieterich wrote:
Hi

On Wednesday, May 9, 2018, Boris Samorodov wrote:
Hi All,

I use self-built base packages. How can I test/use drm-next-kmod?
Packages for kernel and drm-nex-kmod are in conflict:
-----
Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
   - drm-next-kmod-4.11.g20180224 [FreeBSD] conflicts with
FreeBSD-kernel-pkg64x-12.0.s20180509041454 [installed] on
/boot/modules/drm.ko
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
-----
Since I don't have a system with pkgbase configured, is there a way to figure
out what files conflict?
The pkg output indicates that /boot/modules/drm.ko is the conflicting file.
It surprises me that there are any since we do not override anything normally
(some kernel modules are indeed overlapping but they get installed in different
directories).
On a non-pkgbase -CURRENT system, drm.ko and drm2.ko from base are in /boot/kernel/, while drm.ko from drm-stable-kmod is in /boot/modules/.  Any kernel modules from base being placed outside of /boot/kernel is not what I would expect for a non-pkgbase system; is there a reason pkgbase should not follow this rule?

Theron