On 05/13/18 18:16, Michael Gmelin wrote:

On 13. May 2018, at 11:54, Niclas Zeising <zeising+free...@daemonic.se> wrote:

On 05/13/18 09:48, Andriy Gapon wrote:
On 13/05/2018 05:25, Pete Wright wrote:
hi there - i have an amd64 laptop that's been running CURRENT for a while using
both drm-next and drm-stable for graphics. during the past week or so i've run
into issues with suspend resume...well technically resume has stopped working.
i've tested a couple configurations and none have allowed my system to resume
successfully:

- drm-next installed with DMC firmware loaded
- drm-next installed without DMC firmware loaded (worked previously)
- drm-stable with DMC
- drm-stable without DMC
- no drm modules loaded.

I've also tested these configs with the following sysctl set to 0 and 1:
hw.acpi.reset_video

at this point i'd like to help find what the regression i'm running into is, so
any pointers on how i can help? the system seems to boot and i'm pretty sure i
can ssh into it most times, just not sure what info i should grab to help.
nothing of interest in messages or dmesg buffer either.
Did you do any OS upgrades what was last working version and what is the current
version (svn revision number)?
Or any other notable changes before resume stopped working...

Hi!
I'm also seeing issues, not as severe as Pete, but after I resume (which works,
with drm-next and DMC firmware), the system becomes sluggish.  It feels like
I/O takes more time, and graphics are sluggish (very sientific, I know, but for
instance git operations are much slower after a resume).  I know there's been
an update to acpica between my system updates, when this started to happen, but
I haven't had time to revert that update and test again.  I will try to do that
and report back.

Maybe a stupid question, but did you check the cpu frequency before and after
suspend/resume? (sysctl dev.cpu)

As far as I can tell, the frequency remains the same. I looked at dev.cpu.0.freq, if there's any other sysctl to look at as well, please let me know.
Regards
--