On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 12:55:47PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > I don't know which applications depend on /dev/random providing entropy
> > > and which gather their own.
> SSH and SSL should not be used: PGP should be okay.

FWIW, a quick look indicates:

  MIT Kerberos V gathers its own ``entropy'' when generating random
  keys

  Heimdal uses /dev/random

This matters in particular for creating keys for servers.  Session keys
may or may not be a big deal, depending on the application.
--
Jacques Vidrine / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]